Automatic Highway ticketing system.
Highway ticketing system.
RNRS smart ticketing and surveillance system for highways provides the most sophisticated and cutting edge solution for Highway ticketing and Surveillance .The system works on the following principles.
- The existing barrier gates at the entrance can normally be kept open if it is already in place.However our system does not need any barrier gates at entry points. This will facilitate seamless flow of vehicles and cuts down waiting time at entrances to a bear minimum.
- Speed at the entrance to be maintained at 20 km/h or less. Distance between two vehicles to be about 2.5 meters. No tickets will be printed at the entrance.
- The system detects and recognises vehicle registration numbers with the help of digital cameras & RNRS software and saves the data along with date, time, entry location etc in a secure database.
- Travellers can settle the fee by using credit cards and smartphones while in transit or Collections points can be installed at the “Rest Area” to settle the fee according to the fee structure relevant to the exit point. Regular or prepaid travellers can also resort to credit card payment while travellers who do not use credit card can resort to payment as at present or collection point to be set up at the rest area.This will reduce waiting time at the exit to a great extent during festive seasons, week ends or long holidays.
- When vehicles reach exit points, the system carries out the following functions and print tickets automatically with the use of the print button.
- System reads the registration number of the vehicle and traces the relevant entry details.
- Exit barriers will open automatically for those vehicles which have paid the correct fees in transit or prepaid.
- For other non regular vehicles, once the fee is paid at the exit, the barrier gate opens automatically.
- No exclusive lane for ETC customers to be earmarked.
- The gate can be opened manually at the discretion of security personnel, the records of vehicles however will be saved in the system for any reconciliation of fees.
- The system is capable of reading Reg numbers including province identification letters, special numbers with sinhala letters such as “යුහ,නාහ,ගුවන් “ with recognition accuracy of over 95% for all registration number plates with RMV standard format.
Our programs are set on Machine Learning technology platforms thus self learning. The more processes of different registration number plates occur the better the accuracy of recognition becomes. Therefore we expect the recognition accuracy to go beyond 95% level as the system matures by recognising different registration number plates.
RNRS system is significantly different from expensive imported systems since it recognises all the parameters in registration number plates including Province code and special numbers with sinhala letters such as “යුහ,නාහ,ගුවන් “. It can be customized to the special requirement of our valued customers within its capabilities and scalable to become cost effective.
The system detects and recognises vehicle registration numbers with the help of cameras & RNRS software and saves the data along with date, time, entry location etc in a secure database.
Travellers can settle the fee by using credit cards.
Collections points can be installed at the “Rest Area” to settle the fee.
Highway Monitoring System.
Exit barriers will open automatically for those vehicles which have paid the correct fees in transit or prepaid.
Some of the other useful features:
- Capability of the system to generate operational reports , exceptional reports such as collections at any given time interval, frequently travelled vehicles, number of vehicles that entered the highway during any time interval, income from different types of vehicles, collections from prepaid vehicles etc.
- Generation of alerts on predetermined criteria such as black listed vehicles, temporary unauthorised vehicles, suspected vehicles engaged in illegal activities etc can be generated when they enter the highway.
- Search on vehicle registration number for detailed reports.(Eg Number of Entries of a given vehicle for a given period etc).
- If Registered, alerts can be sent to designated Police stations, Authorised persons on Suspected Vehicles passing through.